Official State of Alaska Vacation and Travel Information
by: Michael DeYoung
– Hike in Chugach State Park, a parcel of land that runs along Anchorage's eastern border
– Fish for all five species of salmon on the Kenai Peninsula
– Take a water taxi from Homer to the seaside communities of Seldovia and Halibut Cove
– Ride the Alaska Railroad along Turnagain Arm from Anchorage to Seward or from Anchorage to Fairbanks via Denali National Park & Preserve
– Raft the Kenai, Matanuska or Sixmile River
– Kayak the waters of Prince William Sound from Whittier
– Shop for Alaska Native art at the Alaska Native Medical Center gift shop
– Cruise among the icebergs of Portage Lake
Drive the Seward Highway from Anchorage to Seward, one of only a handful of designated All American Roads
– See the terminus of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline in Valdez
– Watch giant cabbages of up to 90 pounds be weighed in at the Alaska State Fair in Palmer
– Cruise the College Fjords glaciers of Prince William Sound
– Visit the Alaska Zoo in Anchorage
Kiss a moose at Big Game Alaska Wildlife Center in Portage?
– Visit Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race headquarters in Wasilla
– Hike Hatcher's Pass in the Mat-Su Valley
– Visit the abandoned Kennecott Copper Mine at McCarthy
Request your free official State of Alaska vacation planner.
See photos, videos, trip ideas, suggestions from Alaskans and more.