Open All [+]Close All [+]
– Attend the Wearable Arts Show in Ketchikan, featuring wild and wearable creations by local and visiting artists
– Count eagles by the dozens at the Alaska Bald Eagle Festival in Haines, an event celebrating the peak of the winter gathering of eagles and including educational seminars and tours
– Cross-country ski on groomed ski trails at Eagle Crest Ski Area in Juneau
– Go "Julebukking" in Petersburg on Christmas Eve. Julebukking, according to Norwegian tradition, is when local merchants offer customers food and spirits in appreciation for the previous year's business
– Visit Sitka's Alaska Raptor Center, Alaska's foremost bald eagle hospital and educational center
– Ski the Buckwheat Ski Classic in Skagway, a cross-country ski tour along the White Pass mountains designed for "the lazy, the infirm and the few who are fast"
– Visit the Tlingit Chief Shakes Island and Tribal House Historic Monument in Wrangell