In the Alaska Native Tlingit language, the phrase “woosh.ji.een” means “pulling together.” Whether you’re paddling a canoe or protecting your community, we must all pull together in the same direction. As you prepare to visit Alaska, we ask you to think not only about your community, but also ours. As you explore the Great Land, you too, will become part of Alaska. This pledge is a way for you to show your support for our state, our residents and our communities during your travels. We pledge to pull together with you.
I pledge to…
- Pause travel if I experience any COVID-19 symptoms in the previous 24 hours.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for domestic travel during the pandemic.
- Follow the State of Alaska’s health and travel advisory for non-residents, which strongly suggests travelers take a COVID-19 test before traveling to Alaska.
- Avoid close contact with anyone over the last 10 days who is confirmed to have COVID-19.
- Keep a distance of six feet from people who are not in my traveling party.
- Wash my hands for 20 seconds with soap and water frequently.
- Wear a mask to help protect myself and those around me.
- Follow the State of Alaska travel health advisories.
- Respect local community health mandates.
- Abide by the health precautions and protocols that Alaska businesses put in place to keep me and others safe.
- Support COVID-conscious businesses in each community I visit.
- Support Alaska’s economic recovery by booking travel with local operators and shopping local when I can.
- Look for the Made in Alaska, Silver Hand or Alaska Grown logos when I buy souvenirs.